AmeriCorps VISTA - Hunger Free Communities
Alliance to End Hunger
About the organization
The Alliance to End Hunger engages diverse institutions to build the public and political will to
end hunger at home and abroad. The Alliance to End Hunger’s Hunger Free Communities
initiative supports broad-based, multi-sector coalitions in the U.S. that are committed to ending
hunger in their communities.
The VISTA Member will work under the direction of the Director of Coalition & Advocacy to assess current HFCs, increase engagement and collaboration among HFCs, and perform and build the membership of the HFC Network.
The AmeriCorps VISTA will:
- Create resources, best practices, and guidance for all current Hunger Free Communities Network members throughout the service year.
- Facilitate greater engagement and collaboration within the Hunger Free Communities Network throughout the service year.
- Increase membership of the Hunger Free Community Network throughout the service year.
- Build the capacity of Hunger Free Communities Network through webinars and assessments periodically.
• Bachelor degree preferred with a minimum of two years of relevant experience preferred.
• A passion for ending hunger.
• A self-starter and a problem-solver, able to work independently with minimal oversight.
• Capacity to prioritize multiple projects and follow them through to completion.
• Excellent professional writing skills, capable of producing high-quality reports, memos, letters and other written materials in a timely manner.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate good judgment.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
• $791.70 Living allowance, paid biweekly
• Segal Education Award ($6,095) or End-of-Service stipend ($1,800)
• Health benefits
• Potential to forbear or defer student loans while in service
• Relocation assistance (if applicable)
• Childcare assistance (if applicable)
• Optional life insurance
• One year non-competitive status for federal government positions
• A network of over 180,000 VISTA members and alums
This is a one year, full-time position with a flexible start date around the first week of December 2019. This is a stipend volunteer position with AmeriCorps-Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA). Learn more at https://www.vistacampus.gov/.
Contact email: [email protected]
Email resume to: Layla Arnold, AmeriCorps VISTA Leader, Alliance to End Hunger at [email protected] with the subject line ‘VISTA HFC Application’.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply