AmeriCorps VISTA, Fredericksburg Regional Continuum of Care
George Washington Regional Commission
About the organization
The George Washington Regional Commission (GWRC) is the designated planning district commission for Virginia Planning District 16, which includes the City of Fredericksburg and the counties of Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania, and Stafford. Planning District 16 is the fourth-largest and fastest-growing of the Commonwealth’s 21 planning districts. GWRC is responsible for encouraging and facilitating local government cooperation in addressing, on a regional basis, problems of greater than local significance. GWRC’s current areas of focus include economic development, environmental services, human services (including homeless services support), transportation demand management, and rural and urban transportation planning.
The Fredericksburg Regional CoC is the network of community organizations working together to prevent and end homelessness within the Fredericksburg region. The CoC is led and staffed by the George Washington Regional Commission.
The Fredericksburg Regional CoC VISTA member will be expected to:
- Collaborate with diverse partner agencies, CoC leadership, and community partners in order to coordinate services and expand local efforts.
- Engage in special initiatives geared towards preventing and ending veteran, chronic, family, and youth homelessness.
- Research and develop materials on permanent-housing-focused solutions to ending homelessness.
- Administer and analyze reports in order to improve data quality and use in decision making.
- Develop processes for system and project analysis to identify needs and gaps at the community and organizational level.
- Minimum education level: Associates Degree
- Desired skills: Urban Planning, Non-Profit Management, Communications, Computers/Technology, Team Work, Writing/Editing, Community Organization, Leadership, Fund raising/Grant Writing, Social Services
Contact email: [email protected]
How to Apply:
1. Go to my.americorps.gov website.
2. Click the “Search Listings” button at bottom of website.
3. Under “Program Name” type in “Virginia Housing Alliance.”
4. Click on the site of interest. ("GWRC")
5. Read through the assignment description and, click “Apply Now!”
6. Create a profile
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job