AmeriCorps VISTA - Educational Services
About the organization
Esperanza Center is an immigrant outreach center that has been in existence for over 50 years. We have five programs: Immigration Legal Services, Educational Services, Health Services, Family Reunification Services, and Client Services (general referrals).
• Help establish baseline and foundational guidelines for Educational Services' new Case Management component; help create policies, procedures, trainings, etc.
• Recruit and train volunteers, explore current community partnerships, create marketing and outreach materials
• Consider current curriculum and assessment materials; provide recommendations
• Research grants and available funding sources with focus on sustainability
• Bachelor’s degree required
• U.S. work authorization required
• Interest in immigration issues required
• ESOL experience strongly preferred; interest in ESOL required
• Interest in Case Management strongly preferred
• Proficiency in Spanish highly desired
CCUSA pays stipend plus many benefits
Contact email: [email protected]
When applying, please include cover letter and resume.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job