Americorps VISTA - ECOP (Early Childhood Obesity Prevention)
Big Bend AHEC
About the organization
Big Bend Area Health Education Center est.1995, Inc. (Big Bend AHEC) is a nationally recognized not-for-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors who are local health care professionals, educators, and community leaders who represent the health needs of the communities we serve. BBAHEC is part of a larger statewide network called the Florida AHEC Network. It includes five AHEC Programs at each of the state’s five medical schools and 10 centers covering all 67 counties of the state. We are also an active member of the National AHEC Organization, which supports 56 AHEC programs with more than 235 centers that operate in almost every state and the District of Columbia.
• Leverage higher education resources and engage college students in activities that build capacity for communities to ameliorate issues related to poverty;
• Commit to serving as a full-time VISTA for one year;
• Have a college degree or commensurate life/volunteer experience;
• Receive an annual living allowance of approximately $11,000 and health care benefit options through CNCS;
• Receive a post-service AmeriCorps Education Award of $6,095 OR a $1,800 cash stipend upon completion of year of service;
• Attend VISTA Pre-Service Orientation (all costs for this training will be covered by CNCS) or VMO (Virtual VISTA Member Orientation) and any training events as prescribed by FL|CC and/or CNCS;
• Participate in National Days of Service including Martin Luther King Jr. Day, National Volunteer Week, Youth Service Day, and Make a Difference Day if projects are organized by the VISTA sponsor or in the local community;
• Be available for service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
-Must have a college degree
-Must have open availability for service
-Must commit to serving full-time for 1 year
Contact email: [email protected]
Please email Allison Wiman ([email protected]) your resume with the position title in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply