AmeriCorps Program Coordinator
About the organization
Reading Partners is a national nonprofit that mobilizes communities to provide students with the proven, individualized reading support they need to read at grade level by fourth grade.
The AmeriCorps Program Coordinator is the face of Reading Partners in elementary schools, responsible for leading the coordination, operations, and relationship development of Reading Partners’ one-on-one tutoring programs. AmeriCorps members serve full-time from January 2024 to June 2024 and must commit to a service term of 900+ hours.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the full-time coordination and operations of Reading Partners’ tutoring programs at a school partner.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations and schedule of Reading Partners’ tutoring programs to ensure the program meets students’ learning needs
- Provide ongoing tutoring to students
- Manage student and tutor data records, and track student progress
- Provide direct technical support to students and volunteers when using Reading Partners’ online tutoring program
- Forge and maintain positive relationships with students, families, tutors, and school staff to create a welcoming tutoring environment.
- Lead family, student, and volunteer engagement support within your reading center
- Motivate students in their learning journeys and manage student behavior
- Guide, coach, and provide feedback and ongoing support to volunteer tutors
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Root your service in our vision & values
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Hold US Citizenship, Permanent Resident Status, or are a US National
- Have not completed more than three (3) prior AmeriCorps or VISTA service terms
- Understand this position is an AmeriCorps service commitment and are dedicated to successfully completing a full term of service
- Pay strong attention to detail and manage competing priorities effectively
- Are open to learning technology systems like Salesforce, Google Apps, and Zoom Conferencing
- Bonus points if you are an AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, or other national service alum/alumna; and/or have experience volunteering with community-based or education programs
Varies, depending on region
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job