Americorps Outreach Program Specialists
Girl Scouts of West Central Florida
About the organization
The Girl Scouts of West Central Florida serves nearly 21,000 girls and nearly 8,500 adult members throughout Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Marion, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk & Sumter counties. Girl Scouting is more than just cookies and camping – Girl Scout activities assure girls a chance to discover, connect and take action. Through programs including science and technology, business and economic literacy, and outdoor and environmental awareness, Girl Scouting provides girls with opportunities for fun and friendship, while fostering the development of leadership skills and self-esteem. Girl Scouts offers programs that encourage girls to push boundaries, test limits and develop their leadership potential. Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place.
This is a ten month, 1700 hour full time commitment for 10 members October 1, 2020-July 31, 2021.
Americorps team members will serve 1820 girls in grades K-12 in a 1:8 ratio during and/or after school at schools and centers in Polk County, Florida by delivering programming. :
• Increase academic success by 70% by providing teleservice programming from September-December, adhering to CDC guidelines.
• Serve in a 1:8 ratio for in-person small group mentoring from January-July during and/or after school M-F 7 hours a day. Some events will require weekend and evening participation.
• Recruit and engage 23 community volunteers to enhance program experience.
• Deliver program, facilitate cooperative learning and girl-led experiences.
• Administration of surveys.
• Creation of recruitment materials, certificates, and awards.
• Attend family engagement events.
• Track individual girls program participation and progress towards goal achievement within the curriculum/on standardized tests and collect data into web portals (Qualtrics).
• Work collaboratively to problem solve.
• Participate in professional development opportunities.
• Support community service projects and GSWVF council-wide events, honing in on their unique talents and experiences to inspire learning.
GSWCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Must be min.18.
• Must have received High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
• Must Be U.S. Citizen, US National, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
• Must be willing to undergo a fingerprint based FBI and Florida background check.
• Willingness to register as a member of GSUSA.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job