AmeriCorps Literacy Lead (Multiple cities!)
About the organization
Reading Partners is a national nonprofit that mobilizes communities to provide students with the proven, individualized reading support they need to read at grade level by fourth grade.
Direct Tutoring & Student Support
- Tutor an average of 10-15 target students twice per week
- Identify alternative methods to provide more intensive and individualized literacy strategies to meet our students’ learning needs
- Manage student records, and track student progress
- Administer student assessments
Relationship Management & Communication
- Forge and maintain positive relationships
- Create a positive tutoring environment for students and caregivers
- Root your service in our vision & values
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Hold US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
- Have not completed more than three (3) prior AmeriCorps or VISTA service terms
- Understand this position is an AmeriCorps service commitment and are dedicated to successfully completing a full term of service
- Pay strong attention to detail and manage competing priorities effectively
- Are open to learning technology systems like Salesforce, Google Apps, and Zoom Conferencing
- Bonus points if you are an AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, or other national service alum/alumna; and/or have experience volunteering with community-based or education programs
Varies, depending on location.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please apply through our application portal, Paycom.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job