American Life Corps Operations Director
About the organization
Commonweal is a nonprofit health and environmental research institute in Bolinas, California. Founded in 1976, Commonweal conducts programs that contribute to human and ecosystem health- to a safer world for people and for all life. The specific and primary purpose of this corporation is to engage in educational, charitable, and research activities which contribute to the health of individuals, to public health, and to the health of the global environment. See Commonweal.org for more information.
Commonweal and the Fetzer Institute announce a new partnership to build American Life Corps, an immersive residential experience for 20-24 year-olds to spend four to six months living and learning together. American Life Corps will build diverse cohorts of transformative young adults equipped to help their communities thrive.
Toward this, we are seeking leaders to serve in two complementary positions.
The Operations Director, in close collaboration and partnership with the Program Director, will establish the organizational and programmatic foundation for American Life Corps (ALC), an immersive residential experience for 20–24-year-olds to spend four to six months living and learning together. American Life Corps will build diverse cohorts of young adults equipped to be engaged in their communities. The Operations Director will support the implementation of the program model, establish policies and systems, and help secure new funding to assure a successful pilot over the next 18-24 months.
See the full job description at https://www.commonweal.org/join-us/ for greater detail.
Desired Qualities, Experience, & Skills
● Ability to make an 18-month commitment
● An openness to holding the paradox of longer term uncertainty paired with potential opportunity as the ALC evolves
● At least 10 years nonprofit operations experience
● Exceptional attention to detail, highly organized, delights in setting up and maintaining systems for organization and coordination
● Skilled communicator who listens deeply to understand people’s needs
● Highly collaborative and comfortable working independently
● Natural self-manager; proactive and problem-solving orientation
● Demonstrated commitment to racial, social, environmental, and economic justice, and building bridges across communities (class, race, ideology, and geography)
● Affinity for adult development, social change, and community building
● Strong plus: Personal experience within a transformative adult learning program
Please contact us.
Contact email: [email protected]
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Operations Director” in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job