Agroforestry MEL Lead
One Acre Fund
About the organization
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here (https://oneacrefund.org/work-with-us/why-work-here/why-work-here/) blog for more information.
About the Role
We are looking for an expert in Monitoring and Evaluation of Agroforestry projects to improve our measurement of the impact - both financial and environmental - of these programs. You should be able to manage complex projects across many different geographies, as you will need to improve our evaluation protocols and roll them out with field teams across nine different country programs. We are also looking for someone interested in innovating in the agroforestry evaluation space by, for example, supporting the development of remote-sensing applications to dramatically improve the scale, granularity, and efficiency of measurement.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for (https://oneacrefund.org/work-with-us/application-process/qualifications/). For this role specifically, you will have:
* 3+ years academic or professional experience in field-based MEL or data collection, designing and implementing evaluations or research, and analyzing findings.
* Academic or professional experience in agroforestry or a closely related field.
* Strong quantitative skills with experience with statistical software (Stata preferred, R).
* Experience with carbon project monitoring, reporting, and verification preferred.
Leadership & collaboration
* Exceptional coordination skills, including ability to keep many different work streams on track.
* Demonstrated leadership experience and an enthusiasm for learning and growth.
* Experience building staff capacity.
* Strong verbal and written communication across a wide range of audiences - from non-technically-trained colleagues to external experts.
* Fluent English required. Working knowledge of Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Chichewa, Amharic, or French preferred
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/E5Wx5MippdA7FMZXiX5Kr
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job