LUTHERAN WORLD RELIEF
LWR is currently recruiting an Agro-business Specialist for the P2RS project in Mali. This five-year program aims to eliminate the structural causes of acute and chronic food and nutrition crises by helping vulnerable households to increase their productivity, production, income, gain access to infrastructure and basic social services that can sustainably strengthen their livelihoods. A value chain approach based on growth sub-sectors will be used to secure, store and boost the supply and marketing of, and access to, agricultural products.
The Agro-Business Specialist will be responsible for all activities related to the strengthening and expansion of agribusiness activities in the project’s value chains. He/She will provide technical leadership, in collaboration with technical teams, in the development and implementation of livelihood activities, including income generation along the value chain.
1. Supervise value chain assessments and oversee the value chain selection process (This includes developing scopes of work for any consultants/volunteers who may be required to help carry out these assessments)
2. Facilitate market driven linkages between value chain actors;
3. Coordinate with the infrastructure component staff to identify and remove infrastructure constraints to agricultural production and flow of goods and services;
4. Explore opportunities to facilitate access to rural finance/microfinance services for small-scale livestock production, fisheries and farming;
5. Work with the technical team to identify existing institutions and organizations that have a good understanding of the local business and political context, and who could be potential partners in the implementation of P2RS Mali projects
6. Provide overall strategy, vision, and inputs for the annual workplan; and contribute to M&E activities, including data collection and reporting in coordination with the P2RS M&E team.
1. Deep commitment to LWR's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
2. Must be available for negotiations and stakeholder meetings from June 5-September with an anticipated start date of September 7, 2017.
3. Bachelor's degree in economics, agro-business, agricultural economics, or related field.
4. At least ten (10) years of professional work experience in agribusiness development with an emphasis on developing very small and SMEs, value chain development and rural
5. Demonstrated experience with gender mainstreaming in agriculture projects.
6. Past experience leading and building the capacity of teams of agriculture-focused staff, Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including demonstrated advanced ICT skills.
7. Ability to travel to project sites within Mali
8. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in French
NOTE: The job offer is contingent upon grant application results.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job