Agriculture and Economic Growth - Staff Associate
About the organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Tetra Tech International Development currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Agriculture and Economic Growth (AEG) Sector as a Staff Associate. This position be based in Burlington, Vermont, or Arlington, Virginia.
The AEG Sector leads Tetra Tech IDS’s international work in agriculture, economic growth, disaster risk finance, and private sector development, implementing projects and providing technical resources and solutions for new business development, program operations and other Tetra Tech sectors. The position will balance day-to-day home office backstopping of ongoing AEG programs, with support for new business development opportunities, as well as professional development to build technical skills in one or more of the following areas: disaster risk finance, agricultural value chain and market systems development, improving the business enabling environment, agricultural technology (Ag-Tech), access to finance, and the design and implementation of strategies to improve food security, address poverty, and stimulate job creation.
* Supports development of all aspects of proposals, assists with positioning and marketing, client interaction, and develops networks in the industry.
* Supports projects, from start-up to close-out, either as Project Manager or Deputy Project Manager.
* Contributes to providing excellent service and high-quality work in technical areas.
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
* Minimum of Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in agriculture, economic development, business management, or related field;
* Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a professional services firm or similar organization;
* Prior experience in technical assistance programming in developing and transitioning countries;
* One to three years of relevant experience in a developing country is desired (service in a volunteer program is considered relevant);
* Strong knowledge of international donor projects and/or USAID-funded projects required;
* Demonstrated knowledge of USAID and particular activities in integrated development, Feed the Future, and market systems;
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, cross cultural teams - in the Home Office and the field - with strong written, oral, and presentation skills;
* Fluency in English and speaking and reading proficiency in Spanish and/or French strongly preferred.
* Availability for 30-40% international travel to developing, transitioning, and post-conflict countries;
* Strong computer skills in MS Office and familiarity with databases, and
* Ability to legally work in the US without employer sponsorship.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job