Agriculture and Economic Growth - Chief of Party – Job Creation and Cross Border Trade Activity (JCCBTA) – Kyrgyz Republic
About the organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates on an anticipated USAID funded program in Kyrgyz Republic. The goal of this Activity is to enhance competitiveness of Kyrgyzstani agricultural businesses while increasing sustainable and inclusive jobs and incomes through expanding trade with Uzbekistan in southern rural areas.
The objectives of this Activity are:
1. Economic value added through more inclusive (particularly women) jobs and sales for southern Kyrgyzstani agribusiness and farmers
2. Increased cross-border and regional trade links between Kyrgyzstan and the Ferghana Valley
3. Improved enabling environment for increased Kyrgyzstan-Uzbekistan market integration
Position Description: The COP will be the principal point of contact in Kyrgyzstan for procedural and substantive matters. The COP will coordinate and ultimately be responsible for all contract management and implementation. The COP will be the primary liaison with USAID/Kyrgyz Republic on technical matters and must adjust programs and operations in response to USAID/Kyrgyz Republic technical direction. The COP will also be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award.
* Master’s degree in a relevant field; JD or MBA preferred.
* At least fifteen (15) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of economic development activities, with preference given to agricultural and economic growth activities under a USG funded instrument;
* At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in senior program management, including direct supervision of professional and support staff;
* Experience working in the agricultural and economic growth sector in Kyrgyzstan or neighboring countries, including CIS countries;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to think strategically and communicate his/her vision to partners and colleagues;
* Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments;
* Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with different donors, civil society organizations and host country government counterparts;
* Professional fluency in English is required. Proficiency in Kyrgyz, Russian, or Uzbek preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/COPKyrgyzRepublic
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job