Agriculture and Economic Growth and Minority Serving Institution Engagement Internship (Remote)
About the organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability
* Support activities aligned with Tetra Tech and donors' commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), including in supporting the creation of strategies to engage students of underrepresented ethnic/racial groups and faculty and students from Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) in project activities
* Support activities to explore new partnerships with MSIs and to diversify communications and outreach to traditionally underrepresented stakeholders
*Conduct background research and support key informant interviews to inform strategy development related to MSI engagement, DEI, Gender Equality, Diversity and Social Inclusion (GEDSI) in project design and implementation, and evaluation of activities and programs as aligned with strategies for inclusivity.
* Support capture plan research teams and update new business tracking tools
* Develop communications tools, success stories, short videos and project tweets
* Provide AEG marketing and communications support, including updating the sector page on the Tetra Tech website
* Review project reports to identify lessons learned, best practices and improve knowledge management
* Assist Sector Director or sector staff with tasks as needed
* Recently completed or in progress Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in agriculture, economic development, business management, or related field;
* Students currently enrolled as a full-time graduate student in a program, studying agriculture, economic development, business management, or related field, or who have graduated in the last 12 months at an accredited Minority Serving Institution (MSI), strongly preferred.
* At least 1 year of work experience desired, including some work, volunteerism or service learning experience overseas with preference for experience in a developing country;
* Demonstrated understanding of, academic excellence in, and desire to pursue a career in agriculture, economics, project management, or international relations strongly preferred;
* Knowledge of international donor development projects, especially USAID-funded projects, highly desired;
* Speaking and reading proficiency in at least one foreign language highly desired (especially Spanish and/or French);
* Experience in MS Office Suite, with understanding of SharePoint desirable;
* Ability to work in the US without employer sponsorship.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Writing Sample (Must be sole author, maximum 10 pages)
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech International Development Services ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/AEGInternMSI
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job