Agency Training Coordinator
Arizona Food Bank Network
About the organization
The Arizona Food Bank Network (AzFBN) is a coalition of 5 regional food banks and nearly 1,000 food pantries and agencies, working together to address hunger in Arizona. Each month this network helps feed more than 450,000 food insecure people in all 15 counties in Arizona. We amplify the good work of these food banks by raising awareness about hunger, coordinating large food donations between food banks, and providing resources and education.
If you are passionate about feeding the hungry, have experience training and educating others, and enjoy engaging with diverse groups of people to develop successful projects, then this position is for you!
With the abundance that our country has, no person should go hungry, which is why the Arizona Food Bank Network’s (AzFBN’s) vision is a hunger free AZ. AzFBN is a network of 5 food banks, with their 1000 associated pantries, that is a state-wide anti-hunger agency who combats hunger through advocacy, innovation of new efficient ways to combat hunger, and supporting food banks and pantries to feed those in need.
Ensuring that the 1000 food pantries throughout Arizona operate successful nonprofits is vital to guaranteeing the continued supply of food to those who are hungry. For that reason, we are recruiting an AmeriCorps VISTA to develop and implement trainings/workshops for food pantries throughout the state of Arizona to ensure their continued ability to feed the hungry, while also strengthening relationships between emergency food providers statewide.
Key Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, & Qualifications
• College degree, or relevant experience in place of degree
• Prior experience training and educating others
• Strong initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
• Ability to effectively facilitate educational trainings and workshops
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate with diverse audiences, understand challenges, problem solve, and develop effective solutions
• Knowledge of training subjects, such as nonprofit management, financial management, effective communication, or computer skills is a plus
• Strong organizational skills
• Passion for combating hunger
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Benefits for VISTA Members
• Living stipend to cover the basic costs of living (find out more at nationalservice.gov)
• Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend upon successful completion of service
• 10 personal and 10 sick days
• Health coverage at no-cost
• Relocation allowance
• Student loan forbearance and deferment
• Childcare assistance if eligible
• Professional development training
• One year of non-competitive eligibility for federal government positions upon completion of service
AmeriCorps Eligibility Requirements
• Must be 18 years of age
• US citizen, national, or legal resident
• Successfully complete a criminal background check
• Valid driver’s license
living stipend and other benefits
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job