Adult ESL Instructor
Arlington Education and Employment Program (REEP)
About the organization
The Arlington Education and Employment Program (REEP) of Arlington Public Schools is a dynamic, multi-faceted English as a Second Language (ESL) program targeting adult English language learners who live or work in Arlington, Virginia. We are currently conducting all of our classes online (via Zoom) but plan to return to the physical classroom this summer. Therefore, we welcome applications from the Northern Virginia/DC commuting area.
Adult ESL instructors are being sought for possible openings in the following classes:
Morning classes, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - Noon
Evening classes, Monday-Thursday, 6:45 - 9:00 p.m.
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) + ESL classes, weekdays/times TBD
- Provide adult ESL instruction using the REEP Adult ESL Curriculum (http://www.apsva.us/reep).
- Maintain accurate student records on attendance and progress.
- Attend teacher meetings and participate in staff development.
- Participate in outreach efforts, program evaluation, and teacher evaluation.
- Graduate degree in ESL or related field (BA or BS minimum)
- Experience teaching ESL to adult immigrants and refugees at a variety of levels
- Experience delivering virtual and in-person instruction
- Experience integrating technology into instruction
- Familiarity with Competency-Based and Learner-Centered approaches
$24.09 to $36.90 per hour, depending on length of service with APS Adult Education, plus planning time
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected], and indicate whether you are available to teach mornings, afternoons, evenings, or all of the above.
Employment Conditions and Benefits:
- 2020-2021 REEP hourly scale of $24.09 to $36.90 per hour, depending on length of service with APS Adult Education, plus planning time
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Annual salary step increases, if eligible
REEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply