Admissions Recruitment Coordinator
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp
About the organization
Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually - all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast and mid-Atlantic.
Our Admissions Recruitment Coordinator can expect to…
• Contribute to the development and execution of recruitment strategies targeting new
and returning campers to participate in residential programs.
• Travel to New England and Mid-Atlantic hospitals to promote program opportunities to
clinic professionals and camper families. Directly assist families in the application
• Serve as the point of contact with hospital partners, supporting them in meeting target
numbers of participants and helping them feel like valued members of THITWGC's
• Develop engaging content for application invites and e-newsletters updating families
and hospital partners about program opportunities and Camp happenings.
• Build and maintain relationships with hospital partners.
• Assist in creating and distributing promotional flyers that align with the Camp's brand,
increase an understanding of the application process, and encourage participation in
• Coordinate and attend virtual and in person recruitment events to promote Camp's
• Provide excellent customer service and guide prospective camper families through the
application process, including providing program information, explaining admission
requirements, and assisting with application procedures.
• Input and update camper information, medical forms, and other relevant data into
Our Admissions Recruitment Coordinator should have…
• A degree and/or coursework in related field is desirable, but there is no minimum
• Experience with residential camp programming, preferably within the admissions
department is also desirable, but not required.
• Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM software.
• The ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of people in multicultural
• Excellent communication skills written and verbal. Experience presenting complex
information in a simple way.
• Strong organizational and administrative abilities.
• Marketing skills and experience creating promotional materials.
• Bilingual/Spanish language skills preferred.
• A familiarity with key software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Salesforce, FormAssembly, Canva,
Zoom, Calendly, etc.) and adaptable digital skills.
• A willingness and ability to operate computer for extended periods with appropriate
• An ability to work extended hours (especially during the summer season), including
evenings and weekends, and availability for overnight travel.
• A valid Driver's license and driving record which meets HITWG insurance carrier
requirements. Ability to travel to assigned worksites.
• Full vaccination against COVID-19, plus booster that meets current medical requirements.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please use the following link to apply to the 'Admissions Recruitment Coordinator' position available at The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp. We encourage that you submit a cover letter in addition to your resume. Thank you for your interest and the hiring team looks forward to receiving your application!
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job