About the organization
Verto Education was founded to introduce every student to different ideas, cultures, values, and beliefs. We feel that this is the best path to a better, more just world, which is why we have decided to make travel the path of least resistance to a college education and degree. We offer the only international freshman year experience that partners with colleges to give full class credits so students can graduate in four years. We provide a flexible and enjoyable work environment that values inclusion, equity, diversity, and global citizenship.
We are hiring an Admissions Counselor to help enroll students in Verto’s transformative semesters abroad before matriculating at one of our partner colleges. You will be a core member of Verto’s Admissions team, and will work closely with Verto’s Regional Admissions Representatives, Student Success team, and COO. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working with parents, students, and high school counselors, generating interest, qualifying prospective students, and finalizing enrollment. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who can operate at start-up speed and is not afraid to work hard, and with enthusiasm. Verto is committed to being an enjoyable, flexible place to work for a diverse workforce of student-centered professionals.
- Your days will include calling up to 100 families per day (all warm leads, no cold calling) and speaking for 4 hours per day.
- Create and maintain a list/database of prospective students and their parents in Verto’s CRM.
- Understand each family’s needs and goals, and offer solutions and support.
- Route qualified students to the appropriate Regional Admissions Representative for in-person meetings, or to our Financial Services Officer or College Counselor for advising.
- Finalize enrollment and achieve weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals.
- Maintain a database of leads and applicant’s data in Verto’s CRM.
- Enroll 50 students in your first year.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Have a passion for your work! Every student and parent interaction has the potential to change a life.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential students and their families
- Persuasive and goal-oriented, possessing an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue on with a positive attitude when reaching the next potential client. Must keep in mind that every conversation is potentially a student’s first experience with Verto, and their first time hearing that their education can serve them better
- Previous experience in Admissions, an outbound call center, sales experience, or related advising experience preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Google suite and CRM/Salesforce experience preferred
What We Are Looking For:
- First and foremost, you’re a team player. We’re a fast-moving, mission-driven startup. We care deeply about what we do, and you will too.
- Our “3 words” resonate with you: Curious, Relentless and Service-Oriented
- You're proactive in identifying new opportunities, solving problems, and prioritizing efforts with confidence.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to diverse constituencies.
- You're organized, have some level of detail-orientation, and are a fearless experimenter.
Contact email: [email protected]
Position updates due to COVID-19:
Given the evolving state of the world due to COVID-19, we are hiring Admissions Counselors in 12 regions around the United States. Depending on the availability of in-person presentations in high schools this fall, this position may transition to Verto’s Regional Admissions Representative role. Admissions Representatives are responsible for building out Verto’s network of high school counselors and administrators, presenting in classrooms, all-school assemblies, college fairs, and cafeterias. Admissions Representatives also offer home visits to prospective families.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Verto Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job