International Rescue Committee
About the organization
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression. For over 25 years our Phoenix office has provided a range of services including resettlement and economic empowerment services, immigration, community gardening and case management for victims of trafficking.
Our strength and success lie within our core values of Service, Accountability, Equality, and Integrity. We are strongly motivated by our clients and are dedicated to delivering high-impact and quality programs.
• Post position vacancies and participate as needed in the recruitment and hiring process.
• Prepare new hire employee orientation schedules, trainings, IT account creations and other documentation to ensure a smooth and efficient onboarding process.
• With the Volunteer Coordinator, recruit and retain office interns and volunteers to assist with office and administration operations, to include front desk volunteers, work study and others as appropriate. Provide supervision to office interns and volunteers.
• Receive and track staff vacation and sick leave requests and notify employees of the vacation and sick time balances on a quarterly basis.
• Maintain physical employee files and ensure all federal and state employment notices are posted.
• Track employee anniversary’s and birthday’s and prepare certifications and celebrations for employees.
• Track fingerprint clearance cards and other HR related items.
• Comply with all IRC policies, procedures and protocols including adherence to the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding.
• Assist with other HR administrative tasks as needed.
• Support office infrastructure including telephone/internet service, office space, cell phones, copiers, office supplies, business cards, distributing mail, mailboxes, badges, keys and key cards and posting office holiday closures.
• Update and maintain the Front Desk Manual and facilitate coverage of front desk duties during lunch breaks and absences.
• Undergraduate degree in related field preferred.
• At least 2 years of relevant work experience in office administration; human resources, facilities management, procurement, or related field, preferred.
• Computer proficiency with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook). Proven experience in web-based data entry systems, with both data extraction and design preferred.
• Tech savvy with ability to troubleshoot basic hardware and software issues, preferred.
• Fluency in written and spoken English, bilingual ability preferred in Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Arabic, French or other refugee/immigrant language used in Arizona. Cross-cultural understanding and strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Highly organized self-starter with proven success prioritizing multiple tasks, making critical decisions, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
• Flexibility with demonstrated ability to maintain responsibility for multiple tasks in the context of a diverse, fast-paced work environment.
• Strategic, creative, problem solver capable of working well independently and as a part of a team.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, active insurance policy, access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area for home visits.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job