Department of Commerce - Economic Development Administration
About the organization
The mission of the U.S. Department of Commerce is to help American businesses thrive, creating jobs here at home while being competitive abroad. Our programs touch the daily lives of the American people in many ways, with a wide range of responsibilities in the areas of trade, economic development, technology, entrepreneurship and business development, environmental stewardship, and statistical research and analysis.
• Assists the Administrative Director with preparing and executing the Office budget. Uses accurate fiscal coding, enters commitments and obligations into financial systems, amending and de-obligating as necessary to ensure real-time accounting and that budgets are not exceeded.
• Serve as the Purchase Card Holder including submitting purchase requests for equipment, services, and supplies. Ensures that requisitioned supplies are received; maintaining a current record of all transactions, balances reconciled and monitoring commitments to ensure appropriated funds are tracked and obligated.
• Serves as the Regional Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) point of contact and insures all data collected is properly entered in the required databases.
• Serve as the Regional Information Technology (IT) point of contact for new equipment, email, and other IT accounts. Providing routine diagnostic support and troubleshooting software and hardware problems.
• Coordinates meetings and facilities use.
• Serve as backup Timekeeper and is responsible for managing timekeeping records and documents.
• Serve as the backup Records Management liaison, ensuring records are properly identified and stored at the National Records Center.
The incumbent must possess knowledge and skill in applying general administrative procedures, analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to effectively support efforts towards operational effectiveness and efficiency.
GS-9; $52,236 to $67,902
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit your resume and letter of interest by email to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply