Administrative Assistant (Bilingual - Spanish)
About the organization
Since 1971, SER Metro-Detroit has consistently maintained a high-performance record in the skills training and placement of consumers into unsubsidized employment in the private sector and in providing employers with a diverse, qualified workforce. The means by which our mission of cultivating a qualified, skilled and adaptable workforce for metropolitan Detroit and the global economy is reflected in our name: Service, Employment, and Redevelopment. SER Metro-Detroit works to give each consumer of services the resources needed to create a life of self-sufficiency and self-fulfillment. SER program mix includes: literacy and education, job readiness skills training, occupational skills training, vocational skills training, job seeker and employer services, welfare reform programming, economic and community development, employment, and extensive youth programming. The services delivery system includes the active participation of the public and private sectors, education, and government.
1. Consistently displays the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, parents and school personnel
2. Serves as SER Liaison to Detroit Public Schools Community District (DPSCD)
3. Ensures that all student documents are signed and that each file is complete for the school district.
4. Provides effective communication to students, parents, staff and administration.
5. Provides office support relative to school processes and procedures
6. Ensures student daily attendance is taken daily and is recorded with accuracy.
7. Assists with student daily contact to improve retention, engagement and overall outcomes.
8. Responsible for generating reports, transcripts, grades, report cards, the intake process
9. Responsible for providing student information to the School District.
10. Follows procedures for safe storing and integrity of all public and confidential school records.
11. Notifies appropriate personnel and agencies immediately when there is evidence of substance abuse, child abuse, child neglect, severe medical or social conditions, potential suicide or students appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances.
12. Tracks and submits incentive log for payment of APEX Learning course completions and daily incentives.
13. Participates in recruitment and marketing process.
14. Responsible for ensuring that all CDC and safety guidelines are adhered to consistently.
1. Associates degree in Business, Accounting or related field.
2. Two years of relevant full time experience in a general office environment.
3. Must be knowledgeable of efficient office practices and procedures, detailed oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks as well as possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced and performance-based environment, with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet critical deadlines and to function independently and as a team member while maintaining school goals and objectives.
5. Ability to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds and varying levels of need and to interact with students, parents and staff in a positive and productive manner.
6. Bilingual language skills in English/Spanish are required.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) and online sourcing tool with functional knowledge of internet use for search platforms.
8. Computer experience in school related office procedures and student management system processes (MISTAR) preferred.
9. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and possess and provide a valid Michigan Driver's License. Must also have reliable transportation.
Contact email: [email protected]
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must submit resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please include full name and specify job position of interest in subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job