About the organization
Since 1971, SER Metro-Detroit has consistently maintained a high-performance record in the skills training and placement of consumers into unsubsidized employment in the private sector and in providing employers with a diverse, qualified workforce. The means by which our mission of cultivating a qualified, skilled and adaptable workforce for metropolitan Detroit and the global economy is reflected in our name: Service, Employment, and Redevelopment. SER Metro-Detroit works to give each consumer of services the resources needed to create a life of self-sufficiency and self-fulfillment. SER program mix includes: literacy and education, job readiness skills training, occupational skills training, vocational skills training, job seeker and employer services, welfare reform programming, economic and community development, employment, and extensive youth programming. The services delivery system includes the active participation of the public and private sectors, education, and government.
1. Collaborates with the Intake Team to ensure that the registration process is completed with fidelity
2. Ensures that all student documents are signed and that each file is complete for the school district
3. Provides office support relative to the following school processes and procedures: data entry, letters, memorandums, attendance, manager of the student management system, office supplies/management, pick-up/deliveries coordination of equipment troubleshooting
4. Assists with student daily contact to improve retention, engagement and overall outcomes
5. Responsible for generating reports, transcripts, grades, report cards, the intake process and placing student information in FileMaker and MiStar
6. Responsible for providing student information to the District
7. Ensures student daily attendance is taken daily and is recorded with accuracy
8. Follows procedures for safe storing and integrity of all public and confidential school records
9. Consistently displays the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, parents and school personnel
10. Notifies immediately appropriate personnel and agencies when there is evidence of substance abuse, child abuse, child neglect, severe medical or social conditions, potential suicide or students appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances
11. Maintains student files so that they are always “audit ready”
1. Associates degree in Business, Accounting or related field
2. Two years of relevant full time experience in a general office environment, preferably within a school
3. Must be knowledgeable of efficient office practices and procedures. Must possess the ability to multi task
4. Must possess the ability to work with students individually or in small groups to improve academic outcomes and student behaviors
5. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
6. Bilingual language skills in English/Spanish and/or English Arabic is preferred
7. Computer skills and experience in school related office procedures and student management system processes
8. Ability to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds and varying levels of need
9. Ability to work in a fast-paced and performance-based environment, with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet critical deadlines
10. Must be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks as well as possess excellent organizational and time management skills
11. Ability to interact with students, parents and staff in a positive and productive manner
12. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) and online sourcing tool with functional knowledge of internet use for search platforms
13. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule
14. Must possess and provide a valid Michigan Driver's License. Incumbent must also have reliable transportation
Contact email: [email protected]
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must submit resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please include full name and specify job position of interest in subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job