SOS Children's Villages Illinois
About the organization
SOS Children’s Villages Illinois offers an innovative approach to traditional foster care. Our model of care gives children the opportunity to live in a nurturing, stable, single-family home with their brothers and sisters in the care of a full-time, professionally trained Foster Parent in one of our Villages. Children benefit from the stability of remaining with their siblings as well as the support of neighboring SOS Illinois Foster Parents and the entire community.
1. Communicate with the Director of Educational Programming, Village Director, Village Site Coordinator, the Professional Foster Parents, the Development department, and members of the Village Administrative Team regarding client and community needs and service availability.
2. Coordinate and lead the on-site children's group activities as scheduled and assigned.
3. Assist with coordinating community partnerships for purchasing, programming, and networking purposes as needed.
4. Identify community recreational, cultural enrichment, psychological, health care, mentoring, and social service programming for children and families.
5. Develop, enhance, implement, and oversee enrichment programs at the Village to enhance the lives of the children and families, including after-school programs and summer activities inclusive of life skills, self-awareness, self-esteem, arts and culture, donor/corporate activities.
6. Help transition youth moving into and out of the Village by providing welcome packages, introduction, and farewell gatherings if requested.
7. Act as coordinator for Special Events at the Villages.
8. Assist with managing the budgets for the department for activities, programs, and events.
9. Works with Professional Foster Parents and biological parents to ensure that children who need additional services help are inked to and receive appropriate resources.
10. Maintain tracking system and provide periodic reports.
• High school diploma or equivalent. 2 year's college experience in the fields of child development or similar preferred.
• Two plus years of experience working directly with youth and program development preferred.
• Ability to pass DCFS required criminal background check including CANTS/SACWIS and SORS.
• Valid Illinois driver’s license with acceptable driving record; insured and reliable transportation, as the position will be split between Villages and will be involved within the communities.
• Willingness to travel within the community and to the various agency sites.
• Ability to work flexible hours including evening and weekends. Schedule may regularly be later mornings to evenings on weekdays and weekends depending on activities scheduled. Schedule to be finalized with the supervisor.
• Sensitivity to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of clients and staff.
• Ability to relate to the Agency staff and to the public in a courteous and professional manner.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials.
• Reliable, punctual, and able to manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to work in an alcohol, tobacco, and drug-free environment.
• Commitment to SOS Children’s Villages Illinois philosophy and mission.
• Special projects as assigned by the Community Resource Coordinator
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job