Konbit Sante Cap-Haitien Health Partnership
About the organization
Konbit Sante Cap-Haitien Health Partnership is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation founded in the state of Maine. Since 2001, we have supported the development of a sustainable health system that meets the needs of the community in and near Cap-Haitien, the second-largest city in Haiti and a sister city to Portland, Maine.
Finance and Accounts
• Maintains records of budgetary expenditures and develops financial reports and projects budgets
• Develops and maintains bank relationships, including conducting an annual review of the relationships
• Oversees and processes payroll time sheets, sick and annual leave documents, travel reimbursements, purchasing documents, and employment documents for staff members
• Oversees the fiscal and administrative aspects of contract management and monitors compliance with relevant laws
• Conducts financial audits and renewals for financial policies in order to remain compliant as required by law
• Manages official financial records to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and with grant-rewarding agencies
• Develops policies and procedures related to finance and accounts
• Monitors and implements administrative policies within the office
• Provides direct staff support to the organization such as handling phone calls and inquiries
• Handles day-to-day office activities and issues
• Compiles and sends appropriate meeting reminders along with agendas
• Assists in note-taking responsibilities at group meetings
• Ensures timely entry of checks and financial information into the database
• Develops financial reports of donors
• Sends general thank you notes to all donors and informs executive director, as needed
• Serves as in-house expert on the donor database
Success in this position requires an in-depth understanding of nonprofit leadership and finance, and of accounting, such as the utilization of QuickBooks and appropriate accounting software. Other qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s level degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Management, Public Health, Public Administration, or related field.
• Experience of at least 1-2 years in finance or accounting for a nonprofit organization, preferably with some global health or international development experience.
• Ability to work with high degree of independence and accuracy
• Demonstrates excellent leadership, interpersonal, and supervisory skills
• Demonstrates good organizational and coordination skills
• Demonstrates strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Demonstrates strong financial planning and management skills
• Comfort working with diverse individuals and organizations
• Flexible about time requirements (i.e., able to attend some evening meetings)
• French or Creole proficiency highly desirable
• Criminal background check
Contact email: [email protected]
None, but we are urgently hiring for this position. We are invested in training the right candidate and encourage all interested parties to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job