2065 Industrial Hygiene Consultant - Remote - North Carolina
About the organization
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world.
The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health.
The CDC Foundation seeks candidates for a full time Industrial Hygiene Consultant to support the CDC.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health. The CDC Foundation offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
• Provide consultation and support to state, local and regional staff with assessing and mitigating COVID-19 exposure risks in occupational, health- and congregate care settings and other settings as needed to protect patient, resident, and employee safety.
• Provide expertise and consultation for facility infrastructure and operations (HVAC and ventilation systems, etc.).
• Recommend measures to mitigate risks and create protocols for different settings (i.e. long term care facilities).
• Prepare written reports of findings/recommendations.
• Perform other related duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety and health, industrial management, industrial hygiene, biology, chemistry, physics, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or a closely related curriculum in an appropriately accredited institution and five years of progressive experience in occupational safety and health field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certified Industrial Hygienist preferred.
• Experience responding to acute health hazards.
• Knowledge of industrial hygiene principles and practices.
• Considerable knowledge of federal and state safety and health codes.
Experience responding to acute health hazards. Minimum training and experience and required knowledge, skills and abilities for equivalent state job classification at https://files.nc.gov/ncoshr/documents/class-specifications/Industrial-Hygiene-Consultant-Supervisor.pdf
Contact email: [email protected]
This is a one year contract position with complete CDC benefits.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law. We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job