2021-2022 English Teacher
ACE Charter Schools
About the organization
ACE: Believe. Belong. Become.
ACE serves 5th-12th grade students at 3 middle schools and 1 High School in East San Jose. Founded out of community organizing, ACE strategically recruits students and families that haven’t felt like they belonged at school. As a result, 91% of our students are considered low-income, 20% of students qualify for special education services, and 50-60% are classified as English-Learners. After 12 years, our model is seeing results: 100% of the ACE High School seniors meet a-g eligibility requirements for CSU/UC compared with 35% across the state.
Our relationship-driven, community-focused approach embodies our tagline: “Grow Everyone Everyday.”
We are looking for exceptional Math educators to join our team! You are insatiably curious about how to motivate students to engage in learning through community building and rigorous, standards-aligned instruction. You integrate strategies for English Learners and students with disabilities seamlessly into your lessons. Above all, you are a patient optimist - you believe that every student is capable of graduating from college. This role reports to the school principal.
A full list of the job responsibilities and other information can be found at:
Education & Experience
- You hold a bachelor’s degree.
- You have a valid California State Teaching Credential or equivalent and transferable teaching license from another state preferred but not required.
- You have teaching experience in San Jose or a community with similar demographics.
- You are a mission-driven individual who has experience working with diverse student populations, including English language learners and students with disabilities.
- Your ability to speak in Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- You have experience using Google applications (Docs, Sheets, Hangouts, etc), as well as Google Classroom and/or other distance learning platforms.
- You have experience using Zoom both as a user and presenter.
- To perform essential functions for the role, you should be able to:
- Talk, hear and communicate with both adults and children
- Use hands or fingers to handle objects, tools, or controls
- Walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally lift or move up to 30 pounds and climb ladders
- In terms of vision, have close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time while teaching in-person and/or virtual courses.
*Please note that this position may start remote, but all candidates must be prepared for in-person instruction in San Jose when schools are safe to reopen. All reopening plans will include accommodations for highest risk employees*
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job