Peace Corps Week Photo Challenge
Jump to:Submit your photo
How to enter
Please note: Submissions are now closed.
- Participants must be current or returned Peace Corps Volunteers.
- Submit a photo incorporating the Peace Corps 2020 Week theme.
- Photos must be accompanied by a brief description and your country/years of service. If your photo contains any language besides English, you must provide the English translation in the file description.
- Submit the contest entry form by January 10, 2020 at 12 p.m. EST.
- Participants may submit up to three photos total.
Photos must meet all submission guidelines and are scored based on contest judging criteria. Up to 21 finalists will advance to the public voting round.
Finalist photos will be presented for public viewing and voting on Peace Corps' Facebook page starting February 17, 2020. The top prizes will be determined for the photos with the highest combined judges’ scores - including the most "likes" on Facebook - at 12 p.m. EST on February 21, 2020. Winners will be announced during Peace Corps Week, March 1-7, 2020.
The submission deadline is Jan. 10, 2020, at 12 p.m. EST. Files received after the deadline will not be eligible to win.
- Promotion of cultural understanding: 40%
- Incorporation of the theme : 20%
- Quality and creativity: 20%
- Facebook vote: 20%
In order to be considered, all submissions must adhere to the following guidelines:
- All children and adults must be fully clothed.
- Photos should represent the people we serve with respect and dignity.
- Secure permission from the subjects of your photos (if applicable) or, if the subjects are minors, from their parent or guardian.
Images cannot contain:
- Drug use, smoking or alcohol
- Volunteers engaged in dangerous or illegal activities
- Brands, logos, names, or social media handles
- No sexually explicit materials
- Volunteers breaking Peace Corps rules (such as riding a bicycle without a helmet)
- Copyrighted materials, including images, etc.
Finalists and awards
Finalists will be announced on Facebook during Peace Corps Week. Finalists will be required to complete a media authorization release and obtain Country Director approval.
Top Six Awards: We will reveal the top six photos on social media during Peace Corps Week based on Facebook likes and the criteria above. Each of the top six winners will be featured on the Peace Corps website and social media accounts. The winners will be notified in advance.