Contribute to the Media Library
Trying to decide what photos and videos to share from your collection? Here are some suggestions and guidelines for what to submit.
- Submit photos and video that tell a story—about a project, home life, cultural immersion, etc.
- Consider selecting a representative set of photos rather than focusing on one subject or one type of shot (landscapes, portraits).
- Submit photos of daily life, work-related activities, food and transportation, cultural celebrations, etc.
- Did you return to your host country years (or decades!) after completing your service? Photos of RPCVs reconnecting with host country friends and colleagues are especially welcome.
- Use the designated space in the submission form to describe the photo as completely as you can; only you can provide the context of the photo and the details that will bring it to life.
- Be sensitive to the privacy concerns of individuals, including host country nationals.
- Do not include personal identifying information such as Social Security numbers, phone numbers, email or street addresses.
Please note that we can only accept your photos if you are the copyright holder. Generally speaking, if you took the photo, or if you are the subject of the photo and it was taken using your camera, the copyright would belong to you unless you have assigned the copyright to a third party, such as a book publisher.
Child protection policy
If any of the photos submitted include a child(ren) wherein the child(ren)’s face is reasonably identifiable, there must be permission by the child(ren)’s parent/guardian for use. The Peace Corps Office of Communications cannot accept any photo of a reasonably identifiable child(ren) without acknowledgment of a signed photo release form.
72dpi minimum resolution. Please upload digital photos at the highest resolution and size available.
- Maximum file size is 100MB.
- Maximum video duration is 30 minutes (contact us if your video is longer than 30 minutes or 100MB in size).
Peace Corps reserves the right to edit or reject submissions to the Media Library.
If your file size is larger than 100MB or you are experiencing difficulties submitting your materials, please email [email protected] to notify the system administrator.
Public reporting burden for this collection of information is estimated to average 15 minutes per response. This estimate includes the time for reviewing instructions and completing the collection of information. An agency may not conduct or sponsor, and a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
Send comments regarding this burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including suggestions for reducing this burden, to:
FOIA Officer, Peace Corps
1111 20th Street NW
Washington, DC 20526
ATTN: PRA (0420-0552).
Do not return the completed form to this address.