Peace Corps Kyrgyz Republic is seeking to engage the local market on the requirements listed below.
Position Available: Regional Coordinator (Open to Kyrgyzstan Nationals only)
Contract type: Full-time position
Duty station: Bishkek city
The Regional Coordinator is responsible for supporting Peace Corps Volunteers living and working within an assigned geographic area in Kyrgyz Republic. In coordination with the Program Managers and Language Coordinator, the Regional Coordinator provides ongoing support on cross-cultural issues to counterparts, host families, and Volunteers in order to facilitate a positive working and living arrangement for all parties involved. The Regional Coordinator is responsible for overall support for PCV cultural adaptation and language acquisition and assists Volunteers in becoming self-sufficient, secure, and productive.
The Regional Coordinator directs the search for host families and then interviews and selects all potential host families and alternate host families in the assigned geographic area. The Regional Coordinator provides ongoing administrative/logistical support for Volunteer housing, including resolving ongoing housing issues.
The Regional Coordinator supports Program Managers with site development and other duties.
This position requires a strong understanding of the cultures of America and Kyrgyzstan to properly understand and respond to concerns and questions from Volunteers, host families, and other community members, as well as excellent communication skills. The position also requires strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Social Sciences.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience working in English education, community development or program management involving community-level implementation.
- Language: Fluent in English, Kyrgyz and Russian. Ability to communicate at a high level (both oral and written) in English, Kyrgyz across multiple levels of contacts.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working as an English teacher at either secondary school or university.
- Experience in training design and facilitation.
- Experience managing or coordinating projects
- Strong experience in coaching, mentoring, and leading individuals and teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people, especially across cultures.
- Knowledge of community and educational development will be considered as asset.
- Experience working at the local level with government authorities and the Kyrgyz Republic administration.
- Administrative and computer (MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills, and an ability to maintain records and produce clear written and oral reports.
- Ability to travel (30-40% of the time) extensively throughout the Kyrgyz Republic.
Application form and job descriptions are available at the Peace Corps website: https://www.peacecorps.gov/kyrgyz-republic/contracts/ by following direct links:
Submit applications (Form SF171) in English to the Peace Corps office at 304 Chokmorov Street, Bishkek, or email to [email protected] no later than May 31, 2019, by 5:00 pm, as your application e-mail subject, please write: “Regional Coordinator”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.