The World of Sports
Using stories about sports in other countries, students get to take a real good look at the role of exercise and sport in places around the world.
After completing this lesson students will:
- Develop insight on the role of sports in different cultures.
Give your students a global perspective about sports. Read the related stories about soccer, basketball, and baseball with your learners and engage in a discussion about sports programs the world over.
- Why are sports so important in the world?
- What is the purpose of Grassroot Soccer?
- What makes Grassroot Soccer so effective?
- What is the main goal of the One World Futbol Project?
- What are the differences between the One World Futbol Project and Grassroot Soccer?
- What are some of the key lessons from the article Raising the Roof?
- Do you see any similarities to how sports were used in Ball One compared to how they are used in the U.S.?
- BS 12.02
- BS 12.03
Contributed by the National Peace Corps Association (NPCA). Author: Angene Wilson