Video: Turon from the Philippines
Learn how to make Turon, a sweet Philippine snack made of thinly sliced bananas which are rolled in a spring roll wrapper and fried.
- 2 bananas, quartered
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 pack of pre-made spring roll wrappers
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Peel bananas and cut into quarters.
- Place bananas into a bowl and top with brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix! Make sure the banana is coated on all sides.
- Roll the bananas in the pre-made wrappers. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil to 350°F.
- Place wrapped bananas bottom-side down and fry until browned. Flip over periodically.
- Remove from pan and dry on a paper towel to drain remaining oil.
Help us understand our audience
If you are in the U.S., please enter your five-digit zip code to help us better understand who uses our resources for educators.