A sweet pumpkin and cinnamon pastry.
- 1 package phyllo dough
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups mashed pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter or oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Grease a large-deep rectangular pan.
- Mix pumpkin, sugar, eggs, and cinnamon.
- Place 3 sheets of phyllo dough in baking pan, painting butter between each sheet.
- Spread a bit of the pumpkin mixture on top.
- Add another 2 sheets, buttering in between.
- Add more pumpkin mixture.
- Repeat this process until you use all the phyllo sheets.
- Spread any remaining butter on top.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with water to prevent dough from drying out.
- Serve hot or cold.
Help us understand our audience
If you are in the U.S., please enter your five-digit zip code to help us better understand who uses our resources for educators.