Sweet and spicy millet drink.
- 4-5 tamarinds (peeled)
- 1 tablespoon ginger root (grated)
- 1 cup millet flour
- 1 spicy chili pepper (use any spicy pepper of choice)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Soak peeled tamarinds in 1/2 gallon of water for 10-15 minutes.
- Bring tamarind water to boil and add sugar.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Remove tamarinds and let liquid cool.
- Mix flour, chili pepper, and ginger.
- Add flour mixture to liquid and stir once cooled.
- Chill and enjoy.
Help us understand our audience
If you are in the U.S., please enter your five-digit zip code to help us better understand who uses our resources for educators.