Beet, cabbage, and potato soup.
- 2 cups cabbage (chopped into thin strips)
- 2 potatoes (cubed)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1 small beet (grated)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sour cream (to serve with soup)
- Black pepper
- Bring cabbage to a boil in 5 cups water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then add potatoes.
- Boil for another 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, sauté onion, carrot, and beet in oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the sautéed veggies to the soup and bring to a boil.
- When potatoes are soft, serve soup with sour cream.
#soup #vegan #vegetarian #glutenfree
Recipe submitted by Irina Hajiyeva - Peace Corps Medical Officer, Azerbaijan.
Help us understand our audience
If you are in the U.S., please enter your five-digit zip code to help us better understand who uses our resources for educators.