Three Sisters Dolma
Stuffed tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants.
- 4 cups ground mutton (or another ground meat)
- 1 yellow onion
- 6 small tomatoes
- 6 small green bell peppers
- 6 small eggplants (or 2-3 medium eggplants alternatively)
- 1-2 cups green beans
- 3 tablespoons basil (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- Black pepper
- Mix ground meat and onions together and brown in a large pan.
- Add small amount of butter to prevent burning.
- While meat is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil with a pinch of salt.
- Add eggplant and boil for around 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove from water and set aside to cool.
- Slice tops off of bell peppers and tomatoes and set aside.
- Dig out seeds and pulp from tomatoes and green peppers.
- Save the insides of the tomatoes for later.
- Salt and pepper the insides of the tomatoes and peppers and set aside.
- Rub eggplants between hands until soft.
- Cut deep slits in eggplants and remove most of the middle.
- Salt and pepper the insides of the eggplant.
- Add insides of tomatoes and basil to the meat.
- Add cinnamon and mix.
- Stuff tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants with meat.
- Spread green beans out in the pan.
- Place stuffed veggies on top and add enough water to cover the bottoms.
- Steam over medium heat for 20 minutes or until soft then serve.
#appetizer #smallplate #glutenfree
Recipe submitted by Zaqatala Cooking Club, Armenia
Help us understand our audience
If you are in the U.S., please enter your five-digit zip code to help us better understand who uses our resources for educators.