Boiled dumplings served with yogurt, onions, and garlic.
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 cups flour
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 yellow onion (minced)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add eggs, milk, flour, baking soda
and salt to taste to form dough.
- Add four as needed until dough is
moist but not sticking to hands.
- Let the dough sit for approximately one hour.
- Roll dough out flat with a rolling
pin until it is about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut dough into 1 inch squares.
- Bring a large pot of water to a
- While the water is warming up,
sauté onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Add onions and garlic to yogurt
and mix and set aside.
- When water is boiling, drop in
squares of dough.
- Let cook for around 5 minutes or
until dumplings puff up slightly, then drain water.
- Serve with yogurt mixture.
#appetizer #snack #vegetarian
Recipe submitted by Christiane Abendroth - Peace Corps Volunteer, Armenia (1995-1997).