Sweet and Sour Cucumber Salad
A quick, crisp, and refreshing salad.
- 1 large cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts (chopped)
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Bring 2/3 cup water, vinegar, sugar, and a pinch of salt to boil.
- Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until liquid thickens, then take off heat and let cool.
- Mix cucumbers, cilantro, and peanuts in a bowl.
- Pour chilled liquid into bowl.
- Mix well and serve.
#salad #smallplate #vegan #vegetarian #glutenfree
Recipe submitted by Shea Riggenbach – Peace Corps Volunteer, Bulgaria (2004-2006).