Grow it yourself!
- 1-2 cups dry lentils or beans
- Rinse and drain lentils or beans.
- Place in a clean jar and fill with lukewarm water.
- Cover with a cloth and secure with a rubber band.
- Leave in a warm place overnight.
- Pour water off and refill with fresh water.
- Replace cloth and leave in a warm place away from direct sunlight.
- Rinse, drain and replace water 3 times a day until the sprouts have grown to desired size.
- Remove sprouts from jar and discard any that have not sprouted.
#side #vegan #vegetarian #glutenfree
Recipe submitted by Bridget Anderson - Peace Corps Volunteer, Armenia (2001-2003)