A spicy and refreshing Thai papaya salad
- Small green raw papaya, shredded
- 4 chopped long green beans
- 6 cloves garlic
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 6 red or green chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ground roasted peanuts
- Fresh lettuce or lime wedges for garnish
- Peel and seed papaya and shred it.
- Put in a bowl.
- Crush garlic with a pestle, then add long beans and tomatoes and pound a few times to release juices.
- Add the chillies and crush lightly to release the heat.
- In a separate cup dissolve the sugar in the lime juice and fish sauce.
- Mix all ingredients together now and toss to mix.
- Serve in a shallow bowl and top with garnish.
#sidedish #vegan #vegetarian #glutenfree
Help us understand our audience
If you are in the U.S., please enter your five-digit zip code to help us better understand who uses our resources for educators.