Sirene Po Shopski
Baked feta and tomatoes.
- 1/4 cup feta
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 1 small tomato (sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (roasted, peeled, and diced)
- 2 eggs
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 300° Fahrenheit.
- While oven is heating, butter 2
small oven-safe bowls.
- Divide cheese and place half in
- Add onion and tomato slices in
- Add salt and pepper if you like.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter on
the top of each bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons of water to each
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- During the last 2 minutes, crack
an egg over each bowl.
- Sprinkle with roasted red peppers.
- Continue baking until egg forms
crust on top.
- Serve hot.
#smallplate #vegetarian #glutenfreeRecipe submitted by Jill Snedden – Peace Corps Volunteer, Bulgaria (1991-1993).