This spicy Cambodian long green bean salad is perfect as a main or side dish.
- 2 dried Thai chiles, soaked for 2 minutes in warm water, drained
- 3 small garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 lime, cut into 3 wedges
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried tiny shrimp
- 9 long beans (2 1/2 ounces) or green beans, trimmed, cut into 2 1/2" lengths
- 2 cucumbers, coarsely chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons crushed roasted, unsalted peanuts
- Place chiles, garlic, lime, sugar, and shrimp in a food processor and pulverize until finely chopped.)
- Place beans and tomatoes in a resealable plastic bag.
- Roll a rolling pin over bag to bruise vegetables.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the cucumber, fish sauce, lime juice, and chile dressing.
- Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts.
Help us understand our audience
If you are in the U.S., please enter your five-digit zip code to help us better understand who uses our resources for educators.