Traditional Dagara sauce made with chicken, sorrel leaves, and peanut butter.
- 2 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 2-3 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 bunch sorrel leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- Bring sorrel leaves to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain water and set leaves aside.
- Sauté garlic and onions in a pan with oil over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until tender.
- Add tomatoes, bouillon cube, and salt to taste.
- Cook for another 10 minutes or so to let flavors soak in.
- While sauce is cooking, mix peanut butter and milk together in a separate bowl.
- Serve sauce hot over starch or rice base.
- Top with peanut butter sauce.
Recipe submitted by Gwendolyn Armstrong Diébougou – Peace Corps Volunteer, Burkina Faso (2008 - 2009).