Okra and tomato gumbo.
- 2 cups okra (chopped, remove stems)
- 5-6 tomatoes
- 5-6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1-2 chili peppers (any small, spicy pepper of choice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bouillon cube
- Black pepper
- Bring tomatoes to a boil for 3-5 minutes in a large pot of water or until skins begin to peel off.
- Remove tomatoes from water and let cool, reserving 3-4 cups of the water.
- Peel skin off tomatoes and chop into small pieces.
- Add tomatoes, okra, garlic, and chili peppers to the tomato water and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer over medium heat for around 10-15 minutes or until okra is tender.
- Add salt and bouillon cube and serve dish on its own or with rice.
#soup #maindish #vegan #vegetarian #glutenfree