Yam and beef stew.
- 1 medium-sized yam (peeled and cubed)
- 1 pound beef stew meat (chuck roast or other large cut of meat from the shoulder or rear)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 3-4 medium-sized tomatoes (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup olive or cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook garlic, onions, and beef in oil in a large pan until meat is fully cooked.
- Add tomatoes, bouillon cube, and salt and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups broth and bring to a boil.
- Add yam and cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Stir frequently and add water or broth as needed.
- Serve hot.