A small pie with potato filling.
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup macun (use plain yogurt as a substitute)
- 2 cups flour
- 4 medium potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 2-3 pats of butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano (chopped)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and fill with water until potatoes are covered.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a low boil for around 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are boiling, work on the dough.
- Mix flour, macun, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add extra flour or water as needed until dough isn’t sticky.
- Roll dough out flat and set aside.
- Cut flat dough into squares.
- When potatoes are cooked, add butter, salt, black pepper, and herb.
- Mix ingredients and mash slightly.
- Placed some mashed potato mixture in each dough square and fold like a burrito.
- Make sure all sides of the pocket are sealed.
- Deep fry in vegetable oil until golden-brown.
#appetizer #snack #vegetarian
Recipe submitted by Heatherly Lewis - Peace Corps Volunteer, Armenia (1997 - 1999)
Help us understand our audience
If you are in the U.S., please enter your five-digit zip code to help us better understand who uses our resources for educators.