A small pie with potato filling.
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup
macun (use plain yogurt as a
- 2 cups
- 4 medium
potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 2-3 pats
teaspoon fresh oregano (chopped)
oil for frying
teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and fill with
water until potatoes are covered.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a low boil for
around 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are boiling, work on the dough.
- Mix flour, macun,
baking soda, and salt together.
- Add extra flour or water as needed until dough
- Roll dough out flat and set aside.
- Cut flat dough into squares.
- When potatoes are cooked, add butter, salt,
black pepper, and herb.
- Mix ingredients and mash slightly.
- Placed some mashed potato mixture in each dough
square and fold like a burrito.
- Make sure all sides of the pocket are sealed.
- Deep fry in vegetable oil until golden-brown.
#appetizer #snack #vegetarian
Recipe submitted by Heatherly Lewis - Peace Corps Volunteer, Armenia (1997 - 1999)