A vibrant winter soup called sauz in Armenia.
- 4 cups potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 cups meat or protein of choice (sliced into thick slices and boiled)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Black pepper
- Paprika (hot or mild, depending on preference)
- Sauté onion in oil over low heat in a large pot.
- Mix tomato paste with a bit of water and add to pot.
- Add potatoes and meat or protein.
- Add sugar and stock.
- Cook over medium-low heat until the potatoes are done.
- Add chopped parsley, salt, paprika, and black pepper to taste.