Okra and Carrots in Miti
Vegetables in a coconut sauce
- 1 heap medium sized okra
- 1 cup salted boiled water
- 2 sliced carrots
- 1 sliced onion
- Salt to taste
- 1 coconut
- 1 small lemon
- 2 cups water
- Clean and cut the okra and carrots to the desired size and shape.
- Boil 1 cup of water with salt to taste.
- Add the okra and carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain the juice and set juice aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl scrape coconut & squeeze the coconut.
- Set the coconut pulp aside or discard it.
- Strain the coconut juice.
- Add the coconut juice with 1 cup of water and the okra/carrot juice.
- Finely cut the onion and add to coconut/okra/carrot juice mixture.
- Add okra and carrots to the mixture and stir until combined.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the mixture and stir until combined.
- Serve with buns, bread, rice, or cassava.
#sauce #vegan #vegetarian #side