A traditional Sāmoan dish of fresh vegetables and fish mixed with coconut milk and fresh lime juice.
- 1 pound fresh tuna or snapper
- 1/2 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 onion
- 2 spring onions
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 large or 2 small cucumbers
- 1 cup coconut milk
- salt to taste
- Dice the fish into medium pieces.
- Cover with lemon or lime juice and set aside for up to an hour.
- Finely dice the onion. Slice the spring onion. Dice the tomatoes and chop the cucumber in bite-sized pieces.
- Drain the fish and discard the lemon or lime juice.
- Add the vegetables and coconut milk to the fish.
- Mix well, then season with salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least half an hour to allow the flavors to blend and develop.
- Serve as an appetizer or side dish.
#staple #vegetarian #sidedish
Photo by Samoa Volunteer Dave Vita Chung