Veggie rice paper rolls dipped in peanut sauce.
- Large circular rice paper wrappers
- 2 cups lettuce (finely shredded)
- 1 cup bamboo (shredded and pre-steamed)
- 1-2 carrots (grated)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
Peanut Sauce Ingredients
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Start by mixing all of the peanut
sauce ingredients in a pot over medium heat.
- Stir for about 3 minutes.
- The sauce should be a little thicker
- If it gets too thick, add in more
- Set sauce to the side.
- Take a sheet of rice paper and dip quickly in a bowl of water.
- Spread paper out on a flat
- Put a tiny amount of everything
except the peanut sauce inside.
- Wrap the ingredients by tucking
two parallel sides inward and then rolling the rest up (this may take a few
- After they are wrapped, the ideal size
should be about the size of a role of quarters.
- Serve with peanut sauce on the
side for dipping.
#smallplate #vegan #vegetarian #glutenfree
Recipe submitted by Michael Kohan - Peace Corps Volunteer, Cambodia (2007-2009)