A hearty noodle stew
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound beef or mutton cut into thin strips
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 medium turnip, julienned
- 1 red chili pepper, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil over high heat in large heavy pot.
- Add meat and sauté until just browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add next 7 ingredients and sauté until crisp and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add water to vegetable mixture and bring to a boil.
- Stir in spices and tomato paste.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Reduce heat and simmer until paste dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling water under al dente.
- Drain pasta.
- Divide pasta among bowls and top with stew mixture, sprinkle with fresh parsley, and serve.