Pan-fried chicken patties.
- 1 cup chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 1 cup potatoes (peeled, boiled, and mashed)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons fresh celery (minced)
- 1 tablespoon onion (grated)
- Olive or vegetable oil
- Black pepper
- Mix chicken, potatoes, 2 eggs, celery, and onions.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll and press mixture into patties.
- Place a 3-4 tablespoons of flour into a bowl.
- Place the 3rd egg in a separate bowl and whisk.
- Cover a flat pan in cooking oil and heat over medium flame.
- Dip each patty in egg, then roll in flour before placing into pan.
- Cook until browned.
- Serve hot with your favorite sauce.
Recipe submitted by Margrit Berghotz – Peace Corps Volunteer, Bulgaria.
Help us understand our audience
If you are in the U.S., please enter your five-digit zip code to help us better understand who uses our resources for educators.