Sweet and crunchy fried dough treats.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Oil for frying
- Mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, cardamom and vanilla together in a large bowl.
- Add in 1 1/2 cups water and mix well.
- Add in extra flour or water as needed.
- Dough should be thick enough to shape by hand.
- Shape into little D-battery-sized cylinders.
- Poke each cylinder with a finger to create a little divot in the middle.
- Heat 1 cup of water and 1 cup sugar in a separate pot.
- Cook until sugar is dissolved and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan for frying.
- Drop in little cylinders and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and dip cylinders into sugar mixture.
- Set aside to cool then enjoy!
#snack #dessert #vegan #vegetarian
Recipe submitted by Denis Illige-Saucier - Peace Corps Volunteer, Comoros (2015 - 2016)
Help us understand our audience
If you are in the U.S., please enter your five-digit zip code to help us better understand who uses our resources for educators.